It's nothing to fear though. I am after all, without proper diagnosis, a schizoid.
A schizoid is defined as having most of the following:
- neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
- almost always chooses solitary activities
- has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
- takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
- lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
- appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
- shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affect
Generally it's difficult to really say if I fully have this disorder as it seems to come and go but I will say that after reading the profile it's possible that I do the best I can ignore these symptoms and lead a life that is free of complete solitude.